a blog about nearly everything in my life

Sunday, October 01, 2006

My dictionary

I have this really big dictionary. “America’s best-selling” it says on its cover. But its index is kind of stupid. For example you open it at “L-M” you will find the page with “mask” – “mast”. I expected the beginning of “L” which is 68 pages ahead. Would it be a proper index and I would be looking for “M” I would open it somewhere between “L-M” and “N-O”. Now I newer know where to open and I have to go through more pages. I wrote the publishing company and asked if I just don’t get the big clue. They just said something about a big new innovation. They were really proud of this bullshit. How about we invent a completely new alphabet! Next time I buy the British dictionary, they may drive on the wrong side but they know how to index dictionaries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home